This week has been like… I was scrolling through Facebook and saw an event! Splash and Dash! Cool what’s that about? Oh it’s on November 27 I think that we have something planned that day… Half an hour later I realized… SBean’s birthday! LOL that’s how busy this week was!
I am in the middle of catching up on Masterchef Canada. That is usually a show that HBear and I enjoy watching together but we have been so busy that apparently TV isn’t something that we do anymore 😳. Plus, when she does have a chance she wants to watch a Halloween baking show and stay in the theme of the season.
So, to get rid of the hours and hours of pvred shows we have, I took it upon myself to watch some of them. So as I was saying, I was catching up with MasterChef Canada. My favourite lady Mary was cooking and she got very behind. She made a comment that she felt like just throwing her hands up in the air and giving up.
That’s basically how I felt this week. 😳
I did a lot of self affirmations this week. You can do this! You got this, you’re a super Mom! You can go and go and go! You just don’t stop! Good job Mommy!
You know what? It actually helped! By just staying positive, I made it through the week without any major disasters!
Why was this week any different you ask?
I did not make a list! I always make lists. This week I just kept on saying yes and forgetting to write it down. Or saying that I would write it down… when I had a second LOL.
Yes… yes… I know I need to learn how to say no. I agree. I realize that the N-word needs to be said more often… But I just hate making other people pick up my slack!
I look at being a stay at home Mom as my job. It’s got lousy wages, horrible hours and my bosses are tyrants 😂 but it’s the best job I’ve ever had!
Because I’m not out there in the workforce I try to keep the house clean, good food on the table, and our schedule running smoothly. However, being an educated woman and spending years in the workforce leaves me feeling a bit empty inside just doing those things. I like being involved. I like using my brain. I like crunch time 😜
Before I had HBear I was the executive assistant for 3 major radio stations. I looked after 5 executives (well, 3 mostly LOL the 2 women had their shit together) and 13 sales reps plus I handled the National creative airtime. At any point I knew where my 5 executives were. No matter who came up to me and asked me to do something… And that was every 45 seconds LOL I said… “No problem.” I got it done. I prided myself on getting it done. On being organized. On challenging myself. At the end of the day my desk was always cleaned off, paperwork done and ready for the next days ass kicking.
Of course some days I was overwhelmed. Isn’t everybody? When I feel overwhelmed or like Mary the MasterChef Canada contestant, I’m not complaining. I choose to say yes. It’s just nice to have this outlet, my blog, to be able to be honest with myself. Give myself a break. Self affirmation.
When I talk about these things it is because… They are normal. Everybody feels times of stress. I don’t blog to brag about my perfect life, oh my Gawd it is so far from perfect LOL I blog so that other people that feel the same way as me, know that they are normal too.
On a completely different note… my kids.
I don’t know why but that number seems really big. And in 26 days SBean turns 4! In honour of these 2 nutballs I’m going to try to give you snippets of what my daily interaction with them is 😊 I have to say… I may be the luckiest Mommy in the whole entire world.
- We had a very busy day the other day. We got HBear to school and then went and picked up 40 pinecones for a Brownie craft.
- On our super busy day I made a “fast food” dinner of chicken fingers, perogies, and coleslaw. So here I am slicing onions for perogies and my eyes were watering like crazy! I couldn’t see anything so I called out to SBean, “Sweetie can you bring me a tissue? Sweetie? Sweetie!?” Finally with tears streaming down my face she hands me a tissue and I quickly wiped as she says “I used it first.” 😳
- As we were going to music class the other day we are walking out the door and SBean knocked my elbow and I spilled hot coffee all over her jacket. “All right back in the house let’s get changed.” As she got changed some of the coffee splashed off her rain jacket on to her white shirt. 😡 We didn’t have time to change so we just got into the van. After music class we were walking out and Maiya, the music teacher, said bye and SBean looked up and said, “my Mom spilled hot coffee over my head this morning” and then she walked out. 😁
- The next day, I always ask the girls how they slept and what they dreamed about and SBean explained to me in very graphic detail how she dreamed about a Mommy spilling HOT coffee all over her little girl. Wow! Do I feel sorry for her future husband!
- I am kind of concerned… SBean is very creative! If you gave HBear a piece of paper when she was 3 she would’ve wrote a shopping list. SBean will draw a picture. I said, “why don’t you draw a picture for Grandma and Grandpa” so she did. It was a beautiful picture, lots of detail and I said, “what’s the picture of?” and she told me all about it… It was a picture of a baby. A baby all by herself crying because nobody looked after it. I honestly don’t know where she gets these things from but I’m super concerned what she says to people when we’re not around 😂.
- We were sitting at the table and I was talking about some Christmas gifts that I got for SweetPea and JQ. I heard HBear half mumble half say something. Sounded like something that I’ve never heard her say before so I turned my head and I asked her, “what did you say?” She said, “oh I just said that Auntie Carrie and Auntie Kari might be mad at you.” I said, “Ok… but what exactly did you say?” And she put her head down and quietly mumbled “I said oh they’re going to be pissed at you.” 😳 “That’s what I thought you said!” I then asked her if she even knew what that word meant and she replied, “no. Not exactly. But I used it in the right context didn’t I?” 😆. How can you argue with that?
- I volunteered to drive some kids in HBear’s class to the library this week. I turned on a ton of different music before we pulled out asking if they liked Taylor Swift? No. Katy Perry? No. I kept on switching songs and then I got to Timber from Kesha and Pitbull and all of a sudden all 4 of them yelled “yay stop! Let’s listen to this one!” Ummmm not on my watch! 😜 as it is they were absolutely terrible! HBear and her girlfriend were good… If by good I mean, giggling at all the ridiculous antics that the boys were pulling including throwing a deck of cards around, water bottles and I’m pretty sure I saw a pack of pencils crayons flying through the air at one point! I was livid! But… knowing HBear, I didn’t want to embarrass her. So afterwards we talked. I explained how disappointed I was that she allowed her friends to treat her like that. I explained that this was her vehicle too and they did not respect that and she allowed them to behave like that. She had to clean up the van and later on when I asked her if she understood what I meant she said, “I sure do! Boys are disrespectful and if I let them disrespect me I will be cleaning up their garbage forever!” 😂 pretty much!
- SBean walked in while I was getting dressed on Saturday. The first thing she did was walk right up to my belly and started saying, “chubby wubby tubby chubby wubby chubby tubby chubby belly!” Then she looked up and said, “I like those things… What are they called? Nipples oh I like those things.” 😳
- Halloween… Every time SBean went up to a house she would come back saying LOUDLY I got a chocolate bar or I got chips! We were just waiting for the time she didn’t like what she got 😁. One old man gave her something and she looked up and said, “I already got that! Can I have another one?” 😂
- As for HBear… We are losing her. It’s funny because we had multiple friends ask us to go trick-or-treating with them yesterday. I said, OK! When I brought it up with Ninja he had a completely different response. He said, “no. If we go with friends we will hang at the back and sit and chat and not take in what could be our last Halloween with HBear. This is my thing. I love going out with the girls for Halloween I don’t want it to end and I definitely don’t want to share it.” 💛 Honestly my heart grew. And he was SO right! HBear dragged her heels the whole evening because her little sister is so slow. She didn’t want to wait for her and she just wanted to bump into friends. 😞 I mean, she still had a great time but they grow up so quickly and poof… don’t want you around anymore. Next year we will go out with a big group so we can still enjoy Halloween with her and she can enjoy it with all of us.
Easy Peasy Gourmet Pork Tenderloin
2 lbs of pork tenderloins
4 garlic cloves, sliced
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
1 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons oil
Preheat your oven to 350.
Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
Use a sharp knife to poke holes along the topside of each of the tenderloins going about an inch deep.
Push a sliver of garlic into each hole and place the tenderloins in the baking dish.
Pour the marinade over the tenderloins.
Drizzle the marinade from the pan over the sliced pork medallions.
Brown Sugar Glazed Potatoes
Adapted from Lil’ Luna
4 potatoes, cubed
½ cup water
1½ tablespoons butter
1½ tablespoons brown sugar
fresh parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic salt
Bring potatoes, water, butter and brown sugar to a boil in a pan over medium-high heat.
Turn to low and simmer for approximately 6 minutes.
Turn back to high and cook until all the water is evaporated and potatoes s are tender, 10-15 minutes.
Remove from heat. Season with salt, pepper and parsley.
This week flew by! Wednesday was another field trip for HBear’s class. This time we went to the library.
After the library I mailed HBear’s gift to JQ and got ready for my DPAC meeting that evening.
Thursday was the BUSY day. Before Preschool we collected pinecones for HBear’s Brownie Fall/Costume party that evening.
HBear used last year’s costume and went as Hermione Granger.
Friday evening was HBear’s team practice. She was awarded Swimmer of the Month!!! Honestly, she ran into the change room BEAMING with pride. Her little chest was all puffed out! I am so proud of her commitment and her willingness to open herself up to new things!
While I was with HBear at practice, Ninja was at the Father/Daughter Pumpkin Carving night at SBean’s Preschool. They had a great time!
On Friday night I went to bed knowing that I was in second place in my FitBit competition. It is so frustrating! LOL I was SO active this week… 2 runs, stairs, pilates class and LIFE! I take 4 trips to get my water bottle and 5 trips to the garbage… just to get more steps. I park in the farthest parking stall in the lot and still come in second!!!! Grrrr lol I wrote a little message to the ladies, I thanked them all for upping their game and making me more conscience of being active. I’ll get them next time!
We spent Sunday shopping in Kelowna and then we went to my InLaw’s for the BEST late-Thanksgiving dinner EVER! They were in Europe on Thanksgiving so we ate a late turkey dinner and my MIL even made my favourite, homemade pumpkin pie!
Yesterday was HALLOWEEN!!! The Girls were so excited! HBear chose to dress up as Laura Ingalls and SBean wanted to be the Queen of Hearts! HBear is super into the Little House books right now and Grandma made her the most amazing costume! SBean was a PERFECT Queen of Hearts.
HBear’s G1Besty dressed up like Mary Ingalls. 😂
|SBean and her GBesty 🙂|
The Girls were hard core! They went up and down those streets like they meant business! Dad and I sipped our spiked hot chocolate while Ninja led the way! I walked so much I got a new badge!
When we got home we were shocked to see our bowl had barely been touched! We have some honest Kiddies out there!
We will be eating candy for the next year!
Happy Halloween from our Spooky Family to Yours!